We didn't have a chance to pick up the share on Sunday, and Fareway is also closed that day. So I did my best to use up what we had in the house. I made a pizza with the honey wheat crust and topped it with a leftover red pepper, onion, pork sausage that we had in the freezer, and a jar of pizza sauce that I canned last summer. Apparently, I forgot to take a photo. So again, *visualize* its beauty.
On Monday, I added some of the leftover sausage to one of our favorite recipes - Eating Well's broccoli corn calzones. I used the broccoli we got from the Madison Farmer's Market and corn we had in the freezer from last summer. Since this recipe makes so much, we also had calzones for dinner Tuesday night (especially handy since it was my last night of teaching).
For my lunches throughout the week, I made this broccoli and chickpea salad with a creamy feta dressing, also from Eating Well. This was a nice alternative to lettuce salad and something that can easily be brown bagged. I used radishes for crunch instead of red pepper.
Wednesday night, I made a stir-fry so as to use up a good portion of our veggies. This recipe from Food Network was my baseline, but I used garlic scapes and added summer squash (and no red pepper) when I added the ginger. This stir-fry looked beautiful and was quite delicious. I used Penzey's lemon pepper and thought it added a lot (No, Penzey's doesn't support my blog...but if anyone from Penzey's is reading this...).
Ben gives this recipe a enthusiastic thumbs up. This approval was a good thing since I basically repeated the recipe the next day to use up the rest of the squash and snow peas. This time, I added some Chinese cabbage when I added the peas. In addition to the stir-fry, we tried to consume the rest of the chickpea and broccoli salad that night.
I'm sorry if this update is a little boring this week. The good news is that I turned in my final grades today and we are not traveling this week. Now I have lots more time to write and cook. Oh Internet, the recipes I have waiting for you....
No comments:
Post a Comment