Saturday, December 13, 2008

The 2008 Christmas Card!

For several reasons, I have decided not to send out holiday cards this year. But the joy of having a blog is that I can direct everyone here to receive our holiday wishes. Moreover, after the year that was 2008, I wanted to share with all our loved ones Vienna Teng's "The Athetist Christmas Carol," and here I can post the audio/video of this beautiful song for you (and not just send you the lyrics). So please listen to this song, and don't forget we love you.



Back in August, Ben, Catherine, and I were sitting on the deck, and I announced I wanted to throw a huge New Year's Party. I, who had consumed a large amount of Sarah's Patio Wine, said, "I want to look 2008 in the eye and say, "2008, you *sucked*, but I'm still here! I'm still here!" Well, it turns out that we will not be having that party. Instead, we will be singing "Auld Lang Syne" here:


So since you will not be able to witness my last stand against 2008, here is a mini-celebration. Know we are with you in spirit no matter how you chose to send 2008 on its way!

And don't let the door hit you on the way out!!!

Love Always,

Ann, Ben, & Sully

P.S. If this is your first visit to the blog, stop by often. You can keep up with us all year long.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love it Ann!!!! I say we celebrate 2009 when you return from the UK! Love you guys!

Anonymous said...

For Pete's sake...Smile, Ben! People are reading this! :)

Merry Christmas, guys!

annmarie said...

I know with the smiling! I was looking through the photos, and I said, "You didn't smile in any of these photos!" Someone was a little bitter that we had to take the photo on Saturday; the day he doesn't shave and the day "the wave" has off.

Anonymous said...

What a big baby! :)