Joanne and I have a rule that if one of us finds something we love, we have to tell the other one, because 9 times of 10, the other one will love it too. A while ago she told me about Jeff Hertzberg and Zoe Francois's
Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day, and said I must try their revolutionary method for baking bread. For Christmas, my friend Anna gave me a share in this cookbook (i.e. we will have joint custody of said book). Today I attempted my first batch of dough (you make a large amount of dough, keep it in the fridge, and then pull from it over the course of 7-10 when you want fresh bread). It couldn't be easier, and I made something in my kitchen that looks like this:

Do you know how much something like this would cost at our local co-op? Do you remember when I lamented over
the lack of artisan breads in North Liberty? Do you realize how this will change my life???
Run, don't walk, to go get your own copy (or share) of this book!

My mom made artisan bread in five minutes, and I helluped!
2 comments:
YUM! Looks fabulous.
And Sully looks very serious about this bread baking endeavor. He should have been at my house yesterday to help with the scones and cobbler!
Ann, it's beautiful! Did it taste good too? If I have a half share in the book, do I get to eat half the bread you make :-)
Post a Comment