I got Sully a new collar today. After giving him a bath last night and taking a whiff of the old one, I knew it was time. Still this was an hard transition for me. I bought his old collar right after I made the phone call to the shelter to say that we would like to adopt him. I had this odd sentimental attachment to it. It *was* Sully to me. (And yes, when you see a three year old walking around in a newborn onesie, that will be my kid). But once we finally got the new collar on him ...well, he looks so dapper that I can hardly stand it. I wanted to get him something in Husker red, but I really liked this green argyle one. I love that the combination of the print and bright colors that says, "I'm kind of professorial, but I'm also kind of the court jester" - something of a reflection of his humans.
Yes, this is the biggest news I have to report - the dog got a new collar. It's not to say that we haven't been busy. It' s just that I didn't think you would be too interested in reading my presentation on community building and original practice theatre. Which is about all I have to show for myself these days. That and *a lot* of apple butter. Oh, and we're listening to Christmas carols tonight as Ben preps for his choir rehearsal tomorrow. How is that possible?
No comments:
Post a Comment