What good is a blog if you can't shamelessly promote your friends? So here, ladies and gentlemen, is one of my best friends, Rick Blunt, leading a workshop for incoming students to the M.Litt/MFA program. I am so proud of him when I watch these videos! He's so inspiring and so talented. He's such a good teacher.
It's hard to believe that this is the guy who would show up at my door at 7 am after pulling an all-nighter, hand me a paper, and sleep on my floor while I made comments on his draft. It's also hard to believe that this is the man who is contractly obligated to call me on my birthday to sing me "On My Own" from Les Miserables. Rick will tell you that I helped him get through the program, but he helped me get through as well. As I type, there is nothing I would like more than to sit in Rick's truck, listen to Sheryl Crow and Tom Waits, eat frostys and mango smoothies, and talk about life, love, and Shakespeare.
So I know this workshop might not be as interesting to others as it is to me, but if nothing else watch his rant on shoes in the first part of the third video.
Rick is currently touring with the American Shakespeare Company in Comedy of Errors, Hamlet, and Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead. Go see him in a town near you!
this thankful week
9 months ago
No comments:
Post a Comment