Friday, May 22, 2009

Welcome to My Nightmare...

Oh, Internet. Dear, sweet, sweet Internet. Have I got something for you...

All my weeks of stalking YouTube have paid off, and I can now share with you a taste of my first show choir experience. The following videos are of the Sioux City East Headliners performing their 2008-2009 set. Most of the songs you will see here are from the musical version of Young Frankenstein. Now, Ben and I didn't realize that these were Mel Brooks songs until about halfway through the set. So it was at about minute 3:30 of this video that I whipped my head around and asked him in udder horror, "Are they equating Judaism with monstrosity!?!" And Ben, with his mouth agape, whispered, "No, I don't *think* so..."



And, Internet, I hestitate to show this next clip to you. It is just that I want to sit beside each and every one of you as you watch this. And when the dancing gets a little old, I want to gently shake my head and assure you, "No, you need to keep watching." And then you'll get to 4:15-4:30, and I want to close your jaw for you so that you don't drool on your computer, and I want to pat you on the shoulder as you stare at me in disbelief and say, "I know, I know."

4 comments:

Mary said...

WHY.

(Seriously, if they want to put on a musical, why not just put on a musical?)

Have you seen "Glee" yet? Because you really, really need to. It will help, I promise.

sarahdipity said...

Oh my goodness. *laugh* I literally laughed out loud at the last one. And Andy was sorta staring at it with a dazed expression on his face. I'm not sure what bothered him more: that someone would do that, that my friends would find it funny enough to blog about, or that I found it funny enough to giggle at while he was forced to watch.

sarahdipity said...

Mary, I blame you I am watching Glee and trying to not laugh out loud and disturb those around me.

Mary said...

Sarah--Laugh anyway! Disturb them, and then when they ask what you're laughing at, you can suck them into the madness. ;)