Sully got his traditional pre-road trip bath this afternoon, and while he was drying out, he was allowed to walk around the house sans collar. There's something I really love about Sully without his collar on. It's this combination of him looking like such a noble creature and me projecting this relaxed state on him. In my head, I equate collar-free time with what it is like to get into lounge wear at the end of a long day.
So as I am pondering this, a quote from the cinema classic Talladega Nights pops into my head. It's probably the second most quoted line from the film in this house (the first being, "We could get thrown out of an Applebee's," which I think might be more of a reference than a quote). Anyway, my brain went right to the grace scene, when Carl Naughton, Jr. says, "I like to think of Jesus as wearin' a tuxedo T-shirt, 'cause it says, like, 'I want to be formal, but I'm here to party too.'"
My brain is a mysterious thing. Happy Friday!
this thankful week
9 months ago
No comments:
Post a Comment