I haven't written here in a while. And this is not what I wanted to be my re-entry into this forum. But if nothing else, these past ten weeks have taught me that I have little say in how my life unfolds.
We have a non-viable pregnancy. I will miscarry the baby in the next few days.
I really have nothing to say. I plan on burying myself in work. I going to attempt to teach my students about introductions and conclusions today. Healthy? No. But what else can I do at this point?
I've felt myself turn on the auto-pilot switch. I'm fairly certain it will be on for the duration of the holiday season. I'm turning in on myself. You can talk amongst yourself about how wrong that is, but honestly, people, two miscarriages in less than 3 months is just part of what I'm dealing with now and what I have yet to face in my last year of graduate school. I'm surviving, and that's all that can be expected of me right now.
I'm sorry, Baby, that I have nothing eloquent to say to you as I did your sibling. We loved you, and you know that.
this thankful week
9 months ago
6 comments:
You don't need to have words--there really aren't any. Except, I love you, and I'm here for you.
*hugs*
I'm here for you too, friend, as are all of my people (big and little).
Hopefully you can take comfort in knowing that you have us praying for you from all over -- and that you have helped each of us so much over the years. It's time to wrap YOU in the love you have showed to ME during my hard times. That's what friend (and Sister Wives!) are for.
Ann,
Nothing I say will help you hurt go away. I am so sosrry for you and Ben. Take a deep breath and then take on minute at a time. I love you so much!!
Teresa
Ann, I love you, and I'm thinking of you. --Susan
Ann, you are very much on my mind and in my heart.
Hi Ann. After my dad died, someone gave me the advice, "Do something nice for yourself every day." That was the only advice I remember helping and that I still try to follow all these years later. I hope that in addition to doing what it takes to get through the rest of the semester, you're also able to take moments to pamper yourself and take care of yourself. Thinking of you.
Post a Comment