Thursday, July 24, 2008

Score!

So this week I went to Half Price Books to buy children's books for a couple of events I have coming up. For some reason, I felt compelled to go through all the Little Golden Books. I saw a Big Bird book, and thought to myself, "Wouldn't it be cool if they had a copy of There's a Monster at the End of this Book?" Well, imagine my surprise when I found not only There's a Monster at the End of this Book but also Cookie Monster and the Cookie Tree!!!




These books were staples in the Pleiss household; I still read them on a regular basis to the nieces and nephews. I was absolutely giddy! Now, for only 98 cents, we could have copies of these books in our house!


When I came home, I danced around as I showed my treasures to Ben.

ME: Ben! We own There's a Monster at the End of this Book and Cookie Monster and the Cookie Tree! Now we can have children!

BEN: (Rolling eyes) Great. That's great. Because, you know, there was nothing else holding us back.

1 comment:

Nicole VZ said...

There's a Monster at the End of This Book is awesome. I wonder whatever happened to my family's copy... I'll have to read yours next time I'm over.