Saturday, April 11, 2009

In His Easter Bonnet...


Okay, this story is not for the faint of heart. But I'm convinced you never know what you are capable of stomaching until you become a parent or pet owner...

This week on our walks, Sully has been "retrieving" all sorts of dead field mice in the empty lot behind our house. And, after I yell out several expletives, all I can think of is that kids' song, "Little Bunny Foo-Foo." I spend the rest of our walk singing the song to myself but changing the lyrics: "Little Puppy Sully/ Walking through the forest / Picking up the field mice and bopping 'em on the head." I suppose that would make me the Good Fairy, right? As in, "And down came the *Good* Fairy, and she said: / Little Puppy Sully/ I don't want to see you / Picking up the field mice and bopping them on the head." Nah, not enough expletives.

Happy Easter!

No comments: