When the woman at the shelter found out that I worked from home most days, she leaned right into Sully's face and said, "How lucky are you?" And all-in-all, Sully is a good co-worker. He insists we start the day with a morning walk, he encourages occassional breaks, and he provides love and support on the days when it all gets overwhelming.
Today, however, he proved to a trying partner. I had a plan to literally cut up the dissertation chapter I am working on and lay it out on the floor so that I could re-envision its scope and structure and produce a more solid outline. Sully thought it was a fantastic idea to "work from the floor" - in other words, he would not leave me alone. Here's a some photos to show you how my day went:
In the end, I did what you do with any annoying co-worker - I found a menial job for him that would take up a lot of his time. For Sully, that job is inhaling peanut butter out of a Kong.
2 comments:
This may be just about my favorite of your blog entries, ever. What a helpful coworker!!
Love it! Can Sully come over and help me reorganize some of the papers covering the floor of my office??
Post a Comment