Sunday, August 16, 2009

Puppy Chow Cookies

Run - do not walk - to go make this cookie. It is puppy chow in cookie form, and it is amazing.

Yes, I know the base of the cookie is a box mix. Yes, I know I suppose to be all about baking from scratch and non-processed foods. I. Don't. Care. I will whip up the box mix with pride if I get to eat a cookie this sinful. And I will make those girl-scout-cookies-from-scratch recipes I found the other day as my penance.

When I was making them Friday afternoon, I told Ben he should taste the the chocolate mixture that was left in the bowl. He was all, "I have to get a spoon first." I'm all, "Whatever." (Do you know how many fingers went into my mom's bowls of cookie dough???) He takes a taste and says, "Yum..." I turn my back for a second, and when I returned he was making out with the bowl. It was exactly like the scene in Julie & Julia where her husband starts devouring what's left in the bowl of her chocolate cream pie mix.

Even my mother-in-law, the undisputed cookie goddess, gave them a big thumbs up!

No comments: