Friday, January 8, 2010

Rockin' the Shire*

Ben and I have officially become hobbits. So I'm going to play a scene for you, but there's a few things you need to know. First, Ben bought himself a PS3 with his Christmas bonus. He later surprised me by buying Guitar Hero for the PS3. Also, if you are not aware, the PS3 is a Netflix ready device. So we decided to take advantage of a free, two week trial of Netflix services. (I'm so in love with Netflix that I can't see straight!) And finally, I've recently frozen a bunch of meals for us. Okay, go!

(After seeing a preview for the new Amy Adams movie Leap Year)

ANN. We should go see that!
BEN. What, in the theatre?
ANN. Yeah.
BEN. But we can just get in on Netflix later.
ANN. Oh.
BEN. Ann, we don't need to leave the house ever again. We've got Guitar Hero, Netflix - all the cool stuff is at our house.
ANN. But we'll leave once in a while to go out to dinner, right?
BEN. Have you seen our freezer lately? We've got all kinds of great food. Ann, we've made our house too cool to leave.

*On a side note, there is apparently a CD called Rockin' the Shire by a band called Hobbit. Love it.

No comments: