In honor of Mother's Day, I found myself looking through some old family slides. I was trying to find the perfect one to post on the blog, but in the end I couldn't limit myself to one. Here's a few photos to celebrate the joy, love, fun, and generosity my mother shares with me and my family. She's an amazing woman and an intimidating role model to live up to.
This is one of the few baby photos of me in which my mom doesn't have an odd look on her face. I wasn't exactly what you'd call an "easy" baby.
I know, "What on Earth!?!" Just the crazy Pleisses hiking in Colorado, and just the three most incredible women I have the privilege to know.

I love the picture of us playing in Elmwood park.

I want to title this one, "What have I done???" Sadly, it's sans Chris, but it should give you an idea of what a patient and courageous woman my mom was to raise this brood of children.

And finally, in honor of the woman I cannot celebrate with today, my Grandma. I've been missing her a great deal lately, and I cherish the look on her face in this photo.
Happy Mother's Day!
No comments:
Post a Comment