Tuesday, May 11, 2010

My Other "Mothers"

As I was looking at old pictures on Sunday, I was struck by all the photos of me with my siblings. I know the Duggars of An Insane Amount of Children and Counting catch a lot of flack because they openly admit that their older children parent their younger ones. But as a youngest child who was on the receiving end of that kind of sibling love and care, it's a fabulous way to grow up. Now I'm not comparing my family to the Duggars. Being a "surprise" baby, my situation is much different than that of their younger children. I'm just saying that I look at these photos and think, "How lucky was I?" I also like to think that I might be a small part of the reason that they are such phenomenal parents and aunts and uncles today.


I was surprised by how much time I spent with Pat and Don. They always seemed to be introducing me to some sort of new and fun experience.
Ben always tells me that I eat ice cream faster than anyone he knows. It's good to know it is a trait I've always possessed. I love that most of the photos of me and Teresa walk the line between complete sweetness and silliness.
Because we need to hold hands when I'm in the stroller.
Napping with Chris and Raggedy Ann
Tom's real prom date.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love all those pictures; also, that one in the stroller is the day you discovered the joys of making a single note sound over a bumpy road. You thought it was hysterical!