Monday, May 31, 2010

An Emerging Artist

Because of the holiday, you are getting a combo things I'm loving right now/family post. Last night, I was sitting in my parents' kitchen with my sisters. My nephew Spenser was quietly occupying himself with crayons and paper. After he was done, he proudly walked over to me and put this picture in front of me:



It is a portrait of Sully chewing his Kong. I fell instantly in love with it. I gushed over it so much that Spenser made me two more drawings to go in the "Sully Series," all of which I want to frame.

One of him and his siblings walking Sully (to which his sibling were contributing artists):

And one titled "Sully and the Bones":

Spenser is a big fan of Sully and judging by the things Sully will let this spirited child do to him, I would say he's a bit smitten with him as well.


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Spenser is really proud of his drawings! I love those pictures of them together--how on earth did you get both of them to stay still long enough?

annmarie said...

Sully and Spenser are similar creatures. You get them alone, and they become calmer. This is when Spenser and I left the game early and were hanging out with grandma at the house. I love that the pictures capture the calmer side of both of them.