Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Aaaand...Summer!

The CSA starts today! The CSA starts today! Just think of the things we'll eat! I love summer! LOVE it!

And speaking of summer, doesn't this meal just look like summer?


This is a Galicky Vegetable Pasta Salad from Cooking Light. In addition to this recipe, you'll also need the recipes for Grilled Antipasto Vegetables and Chile-Garlic Vinagrette. I took some liberties with the vinagrette. As the reviewers suggested, I just added a pinch of salt and half the garlic. I also couldn't find anchovy paste, so I chopped up some anchovy fillets. I didn't add the chile - just a little crushed red pepper. The thing that is awesome about this recipe? If you are not the grill master in the family, you get demoted to the role of sous chef for the evening! Yay for mindless chopping!

On the side we had this amazing Rosemary Focaccia. The photo is not the best (the egg wash looks odd), but trust me, this bread is amazing. It is one of my favorite recipes, and I hadn't made it in a while. After seeing how Ben and I attacked this bread while we made dinner, I realized why I hadn't made it for some time - we can't stop eating it.


Things are starting to pick up in the kitchen, so there's more food entries to come!

No comments: