Okay, that's not completely true. I have kitchen adventures to tell you about, but I'm curled up with a salty dog and the lap top, and going to take a picture of that peanut butter - peanut butter cup ice cream and writing out the recipe sounds like *a lot* of work.
So instead I thought I'd make one cookbook recommendation. Once we started grilling more, Ben re-discovered a book my dad got us - Weber's Big Book of Grilling. Ben has now parked it on our coffee table and frequently browses through it for inspiration. It includes rubs, marinades, and all your meats, but it also has chapters on veggies, appetizers, sides, and desserts. Side note, it includes pizza recipes as well, and after watching Alton Brown grill pizza last night, Ben is all excited to try it. Awesome!
Ben also recently re-discovered the apron my mom made him a couple years ago. He now wears it whenever he grills, and he found that it has a wonderful feature that my mom probably didn't even know she included:
One of the pockets holds a bottle of beer perfectly when you need a free hand to turn the meat.
Yeah, we're totally from Iowa. Notice the socks with the sandals? Keep your hands off, ladies; he's *all* mine.
No comments:
Post a Comment