Saturday, June 5, 2010

Beauty in Unexpected Places: Favors

Laura, Anna, and I hosted a celebration for our friend Joanne last night. Laura and I were talking on the phone as I was driving to her house, and she said, "I feel badly. We never came up with a favor for the party." Seriously, I love her. Such a kindred spirit.

Within minutes of my arrival at her house, Laura came up with the most lovely favors. She went out to her garden and gathered day lilies, and sent Anna in search of additional flowers. I "helped" by cuddling with her incredibly wonderful twin daughters. I know, my life is rough. Laura and Anna collaborated on several lovely flower arrangements which they put Mason jars that Laura had sitting around the house. We used them to decorate the tables and then let guests take them home as favors.

I totally want to be Laura when I grow up.

2 comments:

Stacy said...

I want to be Laura, too! Or, I want to be Ann because she got to cuddle with the twinnies. :)

annmarie said...

Ooohhh...I like the Freaky Friday idea. And it totally doesn't matter when you had the idea. It was still lovely!