Monday, June 28, 2010

Salty Dogs

I fell in love with a lot of things in Austin - the Weirds, Barton Springs, mid-day margarita runs, and salty dogs.

What's a salty dog, you ask? It's a delightful cocktail in which you mix a shot of vodka or gin with grapefruit juice (the Simply Fruit brand is recommended) with ice in a shaker. It is then served over ice in a salt rimmed glass.



After sampling one I made, Ben said, "Mmm...I can see how you would drink a couple of these and get pretty messed up." I told him I had no idea what he was talking about.

My time in Austin with the Weird Sister Women's Theater Collective was a gift. I wish I had more time to articulate why, but most of my energy these days is going toward either catching up on my Iowa life or writing my Weirds chapter. So although I hope to tell you more at some point, you might just have to read the book!

1 comment:

Stacy E. said...

I can't wait to read the book - when is it going to be available? :)