I started off today in a fairly dark place; I'm ending it in a place of gratitude and hope. That's what I'm discovering about the grieving process - it ebbs and flows.
So while I wait for the Tylenol PM to take hold, I thought I would give some of the more positive updates.
*My friends are beyond wonderful. I really am at a lost for words when I think about all they've done for me.
*One thing that has really amazed me about this week is that food just appears when I need it; I don't really have to think about it. This is due in large part to my amazing friends and Ben.
*Sully is the best dog. He's really been working overtime to comfort me. I owe him a trip to the park and a very large bone. He's also getting the best Gotcha Day present ever.
*I went for a follow-up with a midwife today. My desire to work with a midwife in the future has been totally affirmed. The appointment went well. She told me I had done everything right before, during, and after this pregnancy. They gave me all the literature the ER failed to give me on Sunday. The prognosis for us to try to conceive in the future is good. I go back on Tuesday for more blood work. Ben told me I seemed "encouraged" when I talked about the appointment. I also finally opened that bottle of prenatal vitamins when I came home.
*We are finding reasons to laugh and smile. It seems like there are so many, but the ones coming to mind are Anna's pie, Stacy's flowers, my conversation with Wes yesterday, Rick Blunt singing along to Annie Lennox in the Staunton Sheetz yesterday, that outstanding chocolate cake Nica made, sweet little Hazel's wave, determined little Eliza jockeying her way to sit in my lap with her sister, their mother's eloquence, empathy, and support, and the joyful, wonderful Mindy
*Each day this week, I have seen a counselor, doctor, pastor, or friend, and many times multiples of each of these. The professionals on this list are really quite blown away by the support system I have. I, quite frankly, am too. And that support system also includes you, Internet. I really haven't been able to respond to all your comments, but please know they mean everything to me. Thank you.
this thankful week
10 months ago
1 comment:
I've been thinking about you and the flowers, too, and I hope they make you smile. :)
I also think Hazel's wave can make any sad moment beautiful.
Post a Comment