A lot of people have asked Ben how he feels about Nebraska joining the Big 10. He has a lot of mixed feelings about it. One of the reasons he has reservations is that Big 10 fans take their tailgating pretty seriously.
Around 6 AM yesterday, I heard someone speaking, and I thought it was in the house. I had just gotten back to sleep after a nightmare, so I was fairly freaked out. I woke Ben up and made him go check it out.
Ben came back and said, "They're tailgating again." The neighbors a couple houses down from us bought a small bus (not an exaggeration) this summer and painted it to reflect their Hawkeye pride. At 4 PM on Friday they started tailgating in their driveway as they loaded the bus to tailgate. Then they were apparently tailgating again in the morning before they drove down Iowa City to tailgate.
As Ben crawled back into bed, he said, "This is going to be our tailgate. Every Saturday, we are going to cuddle and stay in bed until at least 7 AM." I said, "Go Huskers," and Ben said, "Go Big Red!"
Let me say, I'm a fan of our version of tailgating. Sully, however, felt our version needed more food. While Ben and I dozed in bed, Sully wandered around, sniffing the scents coming in from the open windows. He kept coming back to the bed and staring at us, as if to say, "How could you possibly cuddle at a time like this, people? They have omelets! OMELETS!"
this thankful week
10 months ago
No comments:
Post a Comment