The first baby and I had a song. I still love the song and plan on singing it to this baby, but I also decided "Baby" - as we call him/her in our house (I know, original) - needed his/her own song.
Lately, I've been obsessed with J.J. Heller (another artist that Nicole brought into my life), and I have decided that "When I'm With You" is the perfect song for me and Baby. I especially love the line "When I hold you / In my arms, love / Somethin' changes / It's the strangest feeling / The things that / Use to matter / They don't matter / To me." Basically, this line is getting me through the hell-storm that is my work and academic life right now. I love the fact that in August very little of what I'm dealing with now will matter anymore.
Part of the hell-storm is that I'm doing a lot of commuting right now. I usually try to listen to this song at least once when I'm driving to or from which ever school I'm working at and sing it to baby. One day this week, I told Ben, "You know, Baby never moves when I'm driving. It's like it's already trained to sleep in the car." The next day, I was in the car and "When I'm With You" came on. I was tired and crabby and didn't feel like singing, so I didn't. About mid-way through the song, I got a good, strong, single kick square in the gut. Coincidence, perhaps, but it really seemed like Baby was reminding me that this was our song, and I better sing, gosh darn it...This one has personality, that's for sure.
this thankful week
10 months ago
No comments:
Post a Comment