Saturday, December 3, 2011

Horsie

When my parents were here last, my mom passed on to Julian several books that had been mine or a part of her classroom. I was particularly excited for Carl's Afternoon in the Park, part of a series of picture books by Alexandra Day in which a loyal, family dog looks after baby Madeline while the parents run errands. Madeline usually rides Carl as they go exploring. I swear to you, my two-and-a-half-month-old laughed out loud when he first saw that baby riding a puppy. And I thought, we are in *so* much trouble. Of course, we have a tendency to sabotage ourselves for our own enjoyment.


2 comments:

Mary said...

Giddyup! I'm so impressed that Sully puts up with it.

Sure, you're sabotaging yourselves, but isn't it worth it? I mean, you're parents now. You get to make your own fun. :)

Stacy E. said...

I feel like I could ride Sully, so Julian has years of fun ahead of him!