Tuesday, November 4, 2008

November 4, 2008

I absolutely cannot sleep tonight.

I'm worse than a kid at Christmas.

I'm filled with anxious hope.

I don't know that I've ever been as proud to be an American as I am tonight.

I want to go buy American flags, put them in my yard, and watch the sunrise on them.

I want to hold the ones I love and let them know how much I believe in them, how much I believe in us all.

I want to invite you to "Come on up for the rising..."

1 comment:

Mary said...

After I voted, when I was running around getting my free stuff and doing errands, a woman in front of me in the line at Target asked, "What's the date?" The clerk and I both gave her a LOOK, before she realized. How anyone's going to forget this day, I can't imagine.

If. If it happens, if it works, if we take one more step to Doctor King's promised land. I'm so hopeful and so scared and so READY.

Also, so hopped up on free Starbucks! ;)