Saturday, April 24, 2010

Finding Beauty in Unexpected Places, Day 31: Discovering the Journey is Not Over

So after this entry, there are a "month's" worth of entries on discovering beauty in unexpected places. It took me a while to get them all up. Mostly because I'm lost in the end-of-the semester spiral, but also, as I realized this week, because I don't want to this little experiment to end. I kept trying to think of new experiments that might be "kind of like this one," but in reality they were exactly like this one. I want to keep doing this. I like noticing and talking about beautiful things. I like stretching the idea of what beauty is. I even liked the crazy once a day blogging schedule. Now obviously, I can't keep that up - I do have that pesky book to write - but I do want to keep to a more regular blogging schedule.

So what does this mean for this blog? I'm not sure to be honest. It will probably be a little bit about beauty, a little bit about family, a few recipes thrown in - pretty much the same commonplace book business as usual. A bit more of it, perhaps...

I guess I'm not entirely sure where this entry is going...just like I'm not sure where this blog project is going...

I do know, however, that I keep running into things to help me on this journey. Perhaps the silliest is the new coffee cups at Caribou Coffee. Ben and I went to a Caribou in Minnesota, and I fell in love with scrawling lists of "things to stay awake for" - all beautiful things to enjoy in life (my favorite is "Adopt an Animal"). I've wanted to go to Caribou in Coralville ever since we got home last week. (Yes, this would fall under "I'm a sucker for packaging"). But since I know I need to be smarter than the packaging (and better about bringing my own mug to the coffee shop), I'm stalking their Web site to see if they'll come out with a reusable mug. Call me crazy, but it just makes me happy to read the list of delicious moments over and over. Until that mug comes, I'll have to keep looking at this picture from the Web site.



So I'll continue to keep my own list of things to stay awake for, and I hope you'll continue to check in on me.

No comments: