Instead, I'll talk about two moments in the past twenty-four hours that have reminded me of all we have, both of which took place in our messy bed. The first was last night. Ben and I were both reading one of A.J. Jacobs's memoirs - He, My Life as an Experiment and me, The Know-It-All. With only our reading lights illuminating the room, we would both randomly laugh out loud. Even though we were both engrossed in our own reading, it was nice to feel connected through our spurts of laughter.
Then this morning, we were standing at the end of the bed. Ben was trying to chase Sully off of his side of the bed. Sully just looked at him out of the corner of his eye, as if to say, "Um, yeah, this is the time where you go wherever it is you go during the day, and I crash out on the bed. So thanks for your suggestion to move, but I'm not going anywhere." At this point, Ben gave up on him, and the two of us hugged. Suddenly, the dog who wouldn't move was sitting at attention at the corner of the bed, as close to us as he could get. He used his (surprisingly powerful) nose to nudge his way under Ben's arm, and then he repeatedly the same process with my arm. There Ben and I stood,each with one arm around each other and our other arms around Sully - locked in a puppy-enforced group hug. Not a terrible way to start the day.
1 comment:
We loved your visit! Thank you! And I also love unexpected dog hugs. You are lucky to have Sully. And he you, of course!
Post a Comment