Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Compliment or Prophecy?

As I mentioned in yesterday's post, my in-laws visited us this weekend. Because I know my father-in-law loves Mexican, I decided to have a make-your-own-burrito night with carnitas. Gary, who loves buffets as much as Mexican food, was delighted, and told me over and over how it "just hit the spot."

When he was eating his third(!) burrito, he was struggling to get the wrap right. I offered to fold it for him. As I expertly folded the burrito, he exclaimed, "Ann! You could work at Taco John's!!!" Please understand, this is about the highest compliment Gary could give me. Taco John's is about his favorite place in the world.

Let's hope this compliment is just a compliment, and not a prophecy of what I'll be doing next summer with my newly minted English Ph.D.

1 comment:

Joanne said...

OK, that's hilarious! (But now you've made me hungry for carnitas.) Remember that if Taco John's doesn't work out, there's always Bangladesh. I know Ben loves that idea!