"I have always maintained the importance of Aunts as much as possible. Now that you have become an aunt, you are a person of some consequence."
This weekend I got to spend time with a good portion of all my nieces and nephews. And although some sad news in Ben's family had me contemplating my late position in my family's birth order, looking at these beautiful faces reminded me that I have had such an incredible opportunity to foster deep relationships with my siblings' children. I adore these kids and I am so, so grateful for everything they've taught me and their Uncle Ben. They are, honestly, some of my best friends. No one makes me laugh harder, ponder more deeply, or love more fiercely than these 13 beautiful people.
Not pictured is Garrett. Not for lack of trying - I asked, but what can I say? He had a lot of partying to do.
We also got a chance to hang out with Mason and the newest nephew, Hunter, this weekend. Everyone was a little too tired for pictures, but they make me so happy that these wonderful little people keep coming into my life.
Finally, your bonus shot is my brother talking to Jim Flowers! My brother knows Jim Flowers, Internet!
On a related note, I totally did the electric slide with Jim Flowers. My life is complete.
2 comments:
I can't believe how big they've gotten! Wow! I like the quote on being an aunt. Now that I've inherited five little nieces, I'm loving this new role in my life as well.
Yay for the Aunt club! I'm only at 2.5, so I have a lot of catching up to do!
Post a Comment